Where does 34% of the IT budget of top-performing companies currently go?
Where will 44% of the IT budget of top-performing companies go in 2018?
The answer to both questions, according to a recent survey,
Over the last several years, the information technology (IT) world has dramatically changed due to several strong influences, like social, mobile, big data/analytics, and the cloud (SMAC). Some would add in the Internet of Things (IoT). The next big thing seems to be digitalization.
In a way we, meaning the PLM Economy, were here first. Digital tools were the beginnings of this economy, and today what we do is essential to for meeting these broad-based digitalization objectives. Product companies want to mass customize their way to markets of one. They can’t get there (and make money) without strong data-related configuration management (CM) practices and solutions. Companies are looking to Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) to speed the bid or order delivery process, but again you need the ability to configure products digitally and understand your costs so that you can price. Many companies are talking about offering Products as a Service, which means living by the promises in service level agreements (SLAs). Ensuring that you will make money from SLAs requires you design it in and assess it early and often using simulation and analysis, coupled with physical testing. Finally, those smart connected products don’t design, program, and connect themselves. Companies will need to add skills in electronics, software development, analytics, and other areas to reap the benefits of IoT.
For members of the PLM Economy, it is important to leverage this new wave with your customers. People will be talking. When adopting PLM, CIMdata advises clients to always position PLM initiatives within broader corporate or industry objectives, and digitalization is a perfect opportunity. If companies are planning to spend most of their IT budget on digitalization in a few years, it behooves the PLM industry to be part of the solution set. Of course, some of the leading firms are already leveraging this in their messaging and many others need to jump in to catch the digitalization wave.
Plan to be part of this important, industry shaping, conversation by joining your peers in the PLM Community at one of our 2017 Forum events.
CIMdata’s 2016 PLM Market & Industry Forum, the leading event designed exclusively for solution and services providers in the PLM economy, is a key deliverable for our PLM Community members.
What are CIMdata’s PLM Market & Industry Forums?
- They are the leading event designed exclusively for solution and services providers in the PLM economy
- In existence for over 25 years, CIMdata’s Market & Industry Forum events have the reputation of being the primary venue for shaping the future of PLM
- They are presented by CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM consulting firm for over 30 years
- They provide key insights in to the current economic climate and trends, and examine their effects on the PLM economy
- They offer a venue for sharing CIMdata’s perspective on the current state of the PLM market and trends for the future
- Provides the first look at CIMdata’s eagerly awaited 2016 PLM market analysis results
- Offer insights into how to navigate the PLM market environment in the year to come
- Provides an opportunity to network with other professionals in the PLM community
- Your chance to collaborate with CIMdata’s domain experts, practice managers, and analysts
- They are the foremost opportunity to network with CIMdata’s PLM Community Members, your peers, your competitors, your collaborators, and your potential partners
- CIMdata’s PLM Market & Industry Forum events serve as the leading venue for setting the vision for the PLM industry in the coming year
Who Should Attend?
- PLM software solution providers
- Non-PLM enterprise solution providers
- PLM systems integrators
- Value-added resellers
- Analyst relations specialists
- Marketing and competitive analysis professionals
- Channel partners
- Anyone involved in helping end users succeed in their PLM journey
Why Should I Attend?
- You will be part of the industry’s first look at CIMdata’s analysis of the 2016 PLM economy
- You will see the bigger picture on the current state of the PLM economy
- You will understand what is driving the PLM economy
- You will join like-minded peers in stimulating discussions about the PLM economy
- You will find out how your company performs relative to others in the PLM economy
- You will learn about emerging trends impacting the PLM economy